- 首先，我習慣先點起Palo Santo香薰，然後悠悠的盤腿而坐。
Lately, we are experiencing significant mood fluctuations, and that negative energy pervades our surroundings. Is it the effects of Mercury Retrograde? I’m not so sure. But if you are somewhat affected by the current social environment, you’re not alone, try the following method and see if it may be of some help for you.
Humming Bee Breath (Bhramari Pranayama)
Humming Bee Breath is one of the yoga breathing techniques that I find to be the easiest to grasp. It is an instant option to alleviate stress and calm the mind, this breathing exercise is also effective in relieving insomnia, panic, anxiety, etc.
- Firstly, I will put 2-4 drops of Palo Santo essential oil into my diffuser and sit comfortably cross-legged.
- Then close your eyes and relax.
- Keep your lips slightly closed, relax the jaw with a little space between the teeth throughout the exercise
- Lift both arms and place your index fingers gently on your ears to block external noise
- Keep your elbows outwards to ensure you’re breathing properly
- Inhale deeply through the nose, noticed that the air fills your lungs while your lower belly expands
- Exhale slowly through the nose; create a soft, deep, balanced humming sound (just like a bee) of OM...
Note that this OM sound is created by the vibration of the vocal folds, coming from the soft palate of your mouth. It’s important to relax and not to keep your lips tightly closed.
Practice three minutes a night with this breathing exercise, feel and focus on the humming sound vibrations that have a natural calming effect, and you should notice a good improvement in your sleep quality.